Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sharing is Caring

WARNING: This is not your typical deli sandwich.

Chez Henri is an upscale French bistro (with a chic Cuban twist), and (IMPORTANT NOTE) you can only order their famous Cubano sandwich at the bar. This is huge. The first time I went to Chez Henri, we got seated in the restaurant. All I wanted was the Cubano and I was highly disappointed when I wasn’t allowed to order it. (Admittedly it was really hard to stay mad at our total babe of a waiter; he looked like one of those ancient Greek warriors with wild, sun-kissed locks blowing in the wind. Where was that wind coming from anyways??)

Take two. Kate and I rocked up to the secluded bar on a Sunday night. Nervously flipping through the bar menu, we finally saw what we had excitedly been talking about all weekend – Pressed Cuban Sandwich, choice of traditional slow roasted pork or roasted vegetables with cheese. I had read a few reviews, so I was curious about the vegetarian Cuban. Very decisively (if you know me, that is an extreme rare occurrence), we ordered one of each to share. I can’t begin to describe the intensity and flavors that mixed together to create these sandwiches. Unexpectedly, I prefer the vegetarian. The marinated vegetables with the perfectly melted gruyere cheese made this sandwich incomparable to any other. Kate favors the traditional Cuban, so go with a friend and share! Each sandwich comes with a side of plaintain chips and salsa which is a really nice touch. Order the mojito, or if you’re more into beer, the Pretty Things went great with my Cuban.

2 comments:

  1. Totally recommend this sandwich! I definitely preferred the traditional pork cuban to the veggie one, but both were worth the trek over to Cambridge. Also worth the voyage over the river is the adorable waitstaff...even though that night the waiter not only disappointed us by breaking the "bar-only" cuban sandwich rule, but also that they were out of the wine we wanted! Even through all of this, his windswept golden locks were enough to keep us all happy. That and the dream of coming back for the delicious sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, sounds like you didn't need any dream catchers to catch your dreams that night ;) Is it safe to say.. babes + sandwiches = happpiness?

    ReplyDelete