Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bahn Mi Attack

A week before leaving for foodie-nation Vietnam, I finally had the opportunity to try the infamous Jamie-approved short rib and Asian pear bahn mi at Myers + Chang. Was it what I expected? Absolutely not. Did Jamie completely talk this sandwich up to keep my expectations at an impossible level? Yes. Was it the most incredible bahn mi sandwich I've ever been graced by? OMG Yes. Watch out, Vietnam, I'm going to try really hard to find better, but I'm not sure it's possible. M+C's bahn mi comes with your typical pickled veggie fixins - carrots, hot peppers, daikon. The bread is toasted and hot, while the Asian pear compliments the juicy, flavorful, perfectly seasoned, melt-in-your mouth short rib. You can only get this sandwich at lunch, which is so unfortunate for all the good people of Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment