Saturday, March 10, 2012

You Had Me at Pastrami

The clock had almost struck midnight on Friday night as I perused Eastern Standard’s extravagant dinner menu.  In serendipitous fashion, my eyes locked in on the House Made Pastrami sandwich.  Last call for food trembled through the sophisticated restauarant at the Hotel Commonwealth, and I eagerly ordered the sandwich. 

A slow smile appeared on my face as I gazed at the toasted pumpernickel bread and the thickness of the sandwich.  My first bite left my tongue tingling, the cole slaw was slightly pickled and the Dijon made the perfect spicy balance.  The pastrami gives SLG’s a good run for its money – the sandwich is served hot and toasty, and aside from SLGs chipotle mustard, I couldn’t find too much else that gave me preference to SLG.  The sandwich was accompanied by fresh potato chips and a side of pickled purple cabbage.  As we sat around the table munching on late night bites, we sipped our fancy cocktails and laughed about life.  Who said sandwiches don’t bring friends together?

No comments:

Post a Comment